I was faced with a dilemma…
I wanted something sweet and slightly on the decadent/rich side, but I didn’t feel like baking anything or mixing anything.
Cinnamon Toast Crunch is one of my favorite cereals, probably one of yours too…well here’s a deconstructed adult version that will make your taste buds happy…and with the addition of the slightly melted ice cream for scooping and dipping??? man, listen…
You have the soft chewy bread underneath a very thin layer of crusty, buttery sugar and cinnamon. So many delicious textures. There is a god, and he is so proud of me right now. I used an ice cream flavor that had chunks of toffee in it, because i’m a fatty fat fattie *hugs myself*
You must make this on a bored Sunday evening whenever you want something sweet, but not too sweet, and you can totally skip the ice cream. it’s delicious all by itself…
- 2 slices of bread
- 2 tbsp unsalted butter, softened
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon (i used vietnamese cinnamon, pls buy this if you can, it’ll change your life)
- 2 tbsp sugar
- suuuuuuuper tiny punk ass pinch of salt
- 1 generous scoop of your favorite ice cream, left on the counter for about 10 minutes to allow it to melt just slightly (optional)
- Turn on your broiler and arrange a rack in the middle of your oven. Spread one side of each slice of bread with 1 tbsp of the softened unsalted butter. Make sure you cover each slice completely, all the way to the edges of the crust.
- Mix together the cinnamon, sugar, and salt until evenly combined. Feel free to adjust the measurements of the cinnamon and sugar to suit your tastes.
- With a spoon, sprinkle an even, somewhat thin layer of the cinnamon sugar mixture over the buttered slices of bread. Make sure it’s covered from edge to edge.
- Gently place each slice directly on the middle rack of the oven and let it toast until it’s nice and bubbly, usually about 3-6 minutes. Try not to hug your entire kitchen because it’ll be smelling good as hell at this point.
- Remove from oven let cool for a few minutes, the sugar will be super hot and you might burn yourself if you eat directly out of the oven
- Serve with a scoop of your favorite ice cream, slightly melted, for extra gluttony.
- Eat that shit.
mmmmmmmm, so simple and soooo good…